- TDLR 100% approved
- Outstanding trained, kind, and patient teachers who will teach face to face vs online program management techniques.
- With only the first 6 hours of class the student will be able to obtain the driving license.
Teen driver education course.
Every day teen die in car accidents and most are because of their bad actions behind the wheel, for this reason at DSH our purpose is to teach in an efficient, responsible and safe the great task of driving on a day to day basis.
Benefits of taking the course with DSH:
How this course works
Register for a DSH Drivers Ed Course to start now.Book course now
Pass Driving Test
Complete a total of 44 hours behind-the-wheel training.Driving test tips
Complete a total of 44 hours behind-the-wheel training.Complete driving hours
Get Your License
Complete a total of 44 hours behind-the-wheel training.Getting your license
How the program works
PHASE 1: DRIVING PERMIT
32 hours of driver education instruction that are divided into 4 weeks:
(Monday to Thursday) - 2 hours per day - (5pm -7pm).
14 hours in the vehicle (7 hours behind the wheel and 7 hours of observation of another student)
that must be completed in no more than two months.
DRIVING PERMIT RESTRICTIONS:
- have the driving permit for at least 6 months before obtaining the provisional license.
- drive with a 21+ years old adult who has a license sitting on the front passenger seat.
- not drive during 12am to 5am unless it is necessary for work issues, school activities or due to a medical emergency.
- not use wireless communication device including the use of hands-free, except in case of emergency.
- not ride with more than 1 passenger under 21 years of age who is not a member of the family.
PHASE 2: PROVISIONAL LICENSE
After the first 6 months prior permission if the student has not attained 18 years may apply to the provisional license requirements:
- You must have completed the 14 hours of driving education in the car.
- Complete 30 hours of behind-the-wheel practice with the parent or licensed adult (21+ years), 10 hrs during evening or 20 hrs during daylight.
- Complete the Texas Teen impact program which is valid for 90 days.
- Obtain another school VOE or diploma.
Once these requirements are met, the student will be able to take the driving test and once approved, obtain the provisional license:
- The provisional license expires at the age of 18.
- At the age of 18, you must renew the license in the first 30 days.
- Do not drive during 12am to 5am unless it is necessary for work issues, school activities or due to a medical emergency.
- You must not use Wireless communication device including the use of hands-free, except in case of emergency.
- You must not ride with more than 1 passenger under 21 years of age who is not a member of the family.
Are you a transfer student?
- 7 hours of driving behind the wheel.
- 7 hours of observation.
- Have completed the 32 hours of online driving education or traditional school.
- The previous school or the student must transfer the DE-964 certificate before starting the classes in the car.
- Texas driver learners permit.
What you will learn in this course
- Traffic laws
- Driver preparation
- Vehicle movements
- Risk reduction and management
- Alcohol and drugs
- Adverse conditions
- Crash prevention strategies